Happy Valley Cannabis Scholarships:
At Happy Valley, we are dedicated to helping students achieve their full potential. As an organization that supports the local cannabis community and forward-thinking advocacy, Happy Valley is proud to accept applications from college students looking to educate and change perspectives on the expanding cannabis industry.
We are on a mission to bring awareness to the health benefits, cultural nuances, political dynamics, and emerging science of cannabis, while deconstructing the stigma cannabis users have experienced for decades.
If you feel the same way as we do, apply for the Happy Valley Scholarship.
- Amount: $2500
- Submission Deadline: 12/31/2021
- Winner Notification Date: 1/31/2022
- Essay topic:
- How did historical criminalization impact diverse, minority or historically underserved communities?
- How is this legacy impacting modern legalization trends? Or more personally: How has the war on drugs/criminalization of drugs impacted your own life, family or neighborhood?
The Happy Valley Scholarship is open to any college or university student who:
- Is at least 18 years of age
- Is a legal resident of the United States of America
- Has a 3.0 or better GPA
- Has a good standing at an accredited private or public university
No purchase or payment necessary to enter. Submit your completed official application form and essay before the deadline to be considered.
- Write a 500- to 1,000-word essay explaining how historical criminalization impacts diverse, minority or historically underserved communities. How does this legacy impact modern legalization trends? For a more personal perspective, you may write about how the criminalization of cannabis/the ware on drugs has impacted your own life, family, or neighborhood. The winning essay will be compelling, succinct and a honest overview of the big- and small-picture effects of cannabis criminalization.
- Email your essay to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Happy Valley Scholarship Program.” Include your first and last name, as well as a contact phone number. Attach your essay as a .PDF document to the email.
- Only applications from .edu email addresses will be considered.
- Include a copy of your unofficial transcript in PDF format for enrollment verification.
By January 31st 2022, Happy Valley will notify the applicant with the highest rated essay via email, and an acceptance form will be sent. The form will contain a certification of eligibility to be signed by the winner. If the signed eligibility letter is not returned within 7 days, the scholarship offer will be revoked and the runner-up will be selected. Happy Valley reserves the right to award the cash prize to the applicant who is the author of the next best essay. Alternatively, you may Contact Us to inquire about the status of your application.
General Scholarship Information
By participating in the Happy Valley Scholarship program you agree to allow Happy Valley to use your personal information solely for the purpose of the Happy Valley Scholarship program. The winning applicant also agrees to allow Happy Valley to feature their winning essay online, along with a profile of the scholarship winner.
All entries submitted are subject to verification prior to awarding any scholarship money. Happy Valley reserves the right to disqualify any applicants who violate any terms and conditions of the marijuana scholarship program, including plagiarism and submitting false information. Applicants are responsible for any federal taxes or other fees related to accepting the $2,500 Happy Valley Scholarship.
Happy Valley would like to thank everyone that spent the time to write a compelling essay and submit for consideration. Cullen Vujosevic was chosen as the 2020 $2,500 scholarship winner. Cullen’s essay can be read here.
Mr. Vujosevic stated “It’s unheard of that a cannabis company would offer a scholarship award, kudos to Happy Valley for supporting students. Happy Valley is helping me achieve my path of becoming a Nurse Practitioner so that one day help anyone with a medical cannabis recommendation that wants it. It truly is an honor and privilege to be selected.”
Read the full press release here.
Who Is Happy Valley?
Happy Valley is leading the charge in creating premium cannabis products for the people of Massachusetts. We provide premiere cannabis experiences at our Boston and Gloucester locations with high-quality cannabis products, exceptional customer service, and industry-leading technology.