Explore Your Limitless Potential with a $2,500 Scholarship
We believe in your limitless potential, and we want to help you on your quest to discover more of it.
Happy Valley is now accepting applications from college students who want to educate and inform on the many advantages of medical marijuana use, and the changing perception on an expanding cannabis industry.
We are on a quest to bring awareness to the health benefits of medical cannabis and change the stigma for these responsible users.
Feel the same? Apply for the Happy Valley Scholarship.
- Amount: $2,500
- Submission Deadline: August 1, 2020
- Winner Notification Date: August 15th, 2020
- Essay topic: How do you defy the “stoner” stereotype when using cannabis for medical purposes?
The Happy Valley Scholarship is open to any college or university student who:
- Is at least 18 years of age
- Is a legal resident of the United States of America
- Has a 3.0 or better GPA
- Has a good standing at an accredited private or public university
No purchase or payment necessary to enter. Submit your completed official application form and essay before the deadline to be considered.
- Write a 500- to 1,000-word essay explaining how you defy the perception people have about medical cannabis users. People are so much more than the labels they are given, especially the labels given to cannabis users. How do you turn the stereotype on its head? The winning essay will be compelling, succinct and a honest example of what it means to use medical cannabis responsibly.
- Email your essay to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Happy Valley Scholarship Program.” Include your first and last name, as well as a contact phone number. Attach your essay as a .PDF document to the email.
- Only applications from .edu email addresses will be considered.
- Include a copy of your unofficial transcript in PDF format for enrollment verification.
By August 15, 2020, Happy Valley will notify the applicant with the highest rated essay via email, and an acceptance form will be sent. The form will contain a certification of eligibility to be signed by the winner. If the signed eligibility letter is not returned within 7 days, the scholarship offer will be revoked and the runner-up will be selected. Happy Valley reserves the right to award the cash prize to the applicant who is the author of the next best essay. Alternatively, you may Contact Us to inquire about the status of your application.
By participating in the Happy Valley Scholarship program you agree to allow Happy Valley to use your personal information solely for the purpose of the Happy Valley Scholarship program. The winning applicant also agrees to allow Happy Valley to feature their winning essay online, along with a profile of the scholarship winner.
All entries submitted are subject to verification prior to awarding any scholarship money. Happy Valley refuses the right to disqualify any applicants who violate any terms and conditions of the marijuana scholarship program, including plagiarism and submitting false information. Applicants are responsible for any federal taxes or other fees related to accepting the $2,500 Happy Valley Scholarship.