1. Coquito | Puerto Rican Coconut Nog
Christmas means it’s time for Coquito! Coquito is a rich creamy coconut and rum drink that is served in Puerto Rico for Christmas.
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOK TIME: 1 minute
INACTIVE TIME: 1 hour 39 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 1 hour 50 minutes
- 1 (12 oz) can evaporated milk
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (13.5 oz) can of coconut milk
- 2 cups (1 15 oz can) cream of coconut (like Coco Lopez)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup white rum (or rum extract to taste if making virgin)
- Happy Valley Pure Tincture ( Dosing to be measured later accordingly)
- Cinnamon sticks for garnish
- Mix all ingredients in a blender at high speed.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Shake well before serving.
- Serve cold in a small glass. Garnish with cinnamon stick.
- Coquito (without egg) will last in an airtight container refrigerated for 4-6 months.
- If some of the coconut fat solidifies let it sit on the counter for 10 minutes and give it a good shake before serving.
- To make a non-alcoholic version substitute for the rum and add rum extract to taste.
2. Hot Cocoa | Infused with Happy Valley’s THC Chocolate
What better way to keep warm through the Winter than Hot Cocoa infused with Happy Valley’s THC Chocolate Bars?
- 1 (1.5 oz) milk chocolate candy bar, chopped
- 2/3 cup milk, or more to taste
- 1 (5mg) serving of Happy Valley Dark or Milk Chocolate, chopped
- Whipped Cream (optional)
- Mini marshmallows (optional)
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon (optional)
- Heat milk in a saucepan on the stove or in a microwave-safe mug.
- Once hot, add chopped chocolate to the cup and mix until chocolate is dissolved.
- Garnish with your favorite toppings. We recommend some mini marshmallows followed by your favorite whipped cream and a pinch of cinnamon.
To assist with proper dosing, refer to the graphic below. Using they dropper provided, .25 mL is equal to 5MG of THC. Always start low and slow to determine how your body will react then increase dosage as needed. Be sure to check the package label and instructions for accuracy.